The Knysna Tourism NPC was reconstituted into the Greater Knysna Business Chamber at a special general meeting on the 26th September 2019. GKBC is an independent, non-political, membership based, non-profit company (NPC) dedicated to promoting a business-friendly environment. GKBC serves to represent all businesses in the Greater Knysna area, including those in formal, informal and rural areas.
Key objectives for the Chamber:
- To formally represent Greater Knysna business interests in facilitating the growth of the local economy.
- To unite Greater Knysna businesses to speak with one voice.
- To provide a platform for business engagement with all local, regional, provincial and national government entities.
- To formally represent business engagement with Knysna Council and Municipality and to hold them accountable.
- To engage and represent business with other Chambers, business and investment initiatives and delegations.
- To upskill business owners through various initiatives.
- Pierre Gouws (Chair)
- Richard Sohn (Vice)
- Andries Fourie (Treasurer)
- Nkosinathi Olembe (Wiseman) Litoli
- Levern Engel
- Evelyn Pepler
- Mark Sofianos
- Hermann Kapp
- Clifford Elion
- Megan Taplin
Operations / Admin:
The Chamber occasionally brings out statements out on pertinent issues happening in Greater Knysna, affecting businesses in the private sector. Click here to for an overview of these statements.